|By Hiren Y||
|December 17, 2016 09:30 AM EST|
REASONS WHY A BUSINESS SHOULD SWITCH TO WORDPRESS
1. FREE: Whether one is a blogger or launching a new business online, the fact that WordPress is one hundred percent free is indeed beneficial. Most of all, it is also open source, meaning that one could boost or change the source code to build the right website that meets one’s needs.
2. FLEXIBLE: WordPress’ flexibility is another feature that could not be topped. Regardless if one is using it for a personal blog or a popular eCommerce website, wordpress development is versatile enough to meet any and all one’s requirements via the extensive extensions and features.
3. SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY: In actuality, the most popular search engines prefer websites that are powered by WordPress. This is because the framework is easy to crawl. As a matter of fact, Matt Cutts of Google endorsed WordPress during the WordCamp of 2009 in San Francisco.
4. POWERFUL OUT-OF-THE-BOX: Unlike other CMS’s WordPress is ready to use right away after it is installed. This means that there is no need to hunt down, install and configure a long list of add-ons to have most of the features that the platform considers core, such as RSS feeds, comments, revisions and more.
5. EASY TO USE: Another wonderful perk of WordPress is how easy it is to use. It is intuitive, user-friendly and easy to learn as well. One could even learn how to use WordPress within minutes. It’s no surprise it is known for its famous ‘5-minute install’.
6. PLENTY OF SUPPORT: WordPress comes with unprecedented support. This is in part to the extensive community wherein one could troubleshoot any query or concern via the forums.
7. SECURE AND SAFE: Because WordPress is such a popular content management system, it comes as no surprise that it is a target for hackers. Nonetheless, the platform takes the security of the users very seriously. It constantly updates software to prevent attacks. It has an automatic update feature ever since the version 3.7 release.
8. HOSTS MULTIMEDIA: The addition of images, audio or video files is a wonderful way of boosting the user experience. Luckily, WordPress makes it easy to insert multimedia into a post or page. It is not only easy to upload multimedia files, one could also edit files and like images while in the Media Library screen.
9. CUSTOMIZABLE: Due to the thousands of themes and plugins that WordPress has to offer, one could customize the website with one just one click to look and function as one likes. Moreover, because of the endless number of features, one could make the blog or website that one always wanted.
10. MORE THAN JUST A BLOG: Although the platform earned its reputation as a great blogging platform that could be inserted into a website, in itself it could be used as a website. Since it contains a page and post structure, one could have daily blog posts and static pages as well, like About or Contact pages.
11. MOBILE FRIENDLY: More than ever, it’s more important for a website to be mobile friendly in order to accommodate tablets and smartphones. However, with WordPress, there is no need to be concerned about that. It is already mobile friendly, thanks to most of the responsive themes.
12. ESTABLISHES A COMMUNITY: Whether sharing blog posts on social media networks or through communication with visitors in the comments section, the platform has the plugins and features to make community establishment easy and convenient.
13. VARIOUS E-COMMERCE SOLUTIONS: In using WordPress for business, it is happy to know that there are several eCommerce solutions that would convert the website into an all-out digital shop. By using plugins such as WP eCommerce, WooCommerce or Shopp, one could easily start to make money online.
14. KEEPS A WEBSITE FRESH LOOKING: Whether one needs to update a theme because it has been around for too long or looking to take advantage of something such as the holidays, there are hundreds of thousands of free themes to choose from. Doing this keeps the WordPress website looking fresh for the customers.
15. SAVES MONEY: WordPress is free. Nevertheless, that is not the only aspect wherein one could save money. Since it is open source as well as user-friendly, one need not hire technicians or web designers to launch or maintain the website.
16. MULTI-USER CAPABILITY: There is a good chance that one has to rely on several people to keep a website up and running. The platform is aware of this and has made assigning different roles for various people easy.
17. UNIVERSAL PLATFORM: WP features a universal platform. The dashboard always appears the same, regardless of what the platform is used for. There is no need to hire experts or spend a lot of time configuring the platform. Anyone with some kind of general MySQL and PHP experience could use it right away.
18. SCHEDULE POSTS: Running a business is very time-consuming indeed. Nonetheless, the platform frees up some more time by giving the ability to schedule posts ahead of time. Meaning that when completing a post, one could schedule it any time that suits the business and the customers. For instance, if most traffic comes to the website between 12 to 1 pm during weekdays, then posts could be scheduled around that time.
19. PUBLISH CONTENT WITH ONE CLICK: After writing amazing content, one could publish it right away with just one button click. Moreover, there are even several mobile applications that enable one to publish WordPress content regardless of the location.
- Blockchain and Smart Contracts | @CloudExpo #FinTech #Bitcoin #Blockchain
- Technology for a Cashless Society | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #Sensors
- How It’s Made: A #ContinuousDelivery Pipeline | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps
- AppDynamics Business iQ & Adobe Marketing Cloud
- What is IoT?
- Your Packets will be Re-accommodated
- Building Your eCommerce Store
- EC May Not Clear Oracle-Sun Merger: Reuters
- Practical Approaches for Optimizing Website Performance
- Commentary: Sun’s Oracle Merger
- E-Commerce with Hybris
- Allied Wallet is Onboard Every United Airlines Flight
- Top 10 Open Source eCommerce Software (Joomla and Drupal)
- Facebook’s Not Worth What It Was
- Technology Update (2012 Q2) – Key Trends and Events
- How the Cloud Aids Supply Chain Recalls
- Patent-Pending Hardware-free Hackerguardian Scans Networks in the Cloud