|By Maureen O'Gara||
|March 15, 2009 11:45 PM EDT||
CEO Joe Tucci said for what must be the umpteenth time Tuesday that EMC has no intention of parting with its roughly 84% majority stake in virtualization leader VMware.
The occasion was EMC's first analyst day in a dog's age.
EMC has been under pretty constant market pressure since VMware IPO'd 20 months ago to divest its position on the theory that the two companies would be more valuable split up.
Tucci, however, thinks "We will get more traction and more opportunities doing it the way we're doing it," claiming VMware helps sell EMC hardware.
- Blockchain and Smart Contracts | @CloudExpo #FinTech #Bitcoin #Blockchain
- Technology for a Cashless Society | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #Sensors
- How It’s Made: A #ContinuousDelivery Pipeline | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps
- AppDynamics Business iQ & Adobe Marketing Cloud
- What is IoT?
- Your Packets will be Re-accommodated
- Building Your eCommerce Store
- EC May Not Clear Oracle-Sun Merger: Reuters
- Practical Approaches for Optimizing Website Performance
- Commentary: Sun’s Oracle Merger
- E-Commerce with Hybris
- Allied Wallet is Onboard Every United Airlines Flight
- Top 10 Open Source eCommerce Software (Joomla and Drupal)
- Facebook’s Not Worth What It Was
- Technology Update (2012 Q2) – Key Trends and Events
- How the Cloud Aids Supply Chain Recalls
- Patent-Pending Hardware-free Hackerguardian Scans Networks in the Cloud